Leaders and groups adopt destructive standards in order to attract the often illogical public.
These include religions, nations, and their political parties. Such enormous groups are exceedingly dangerous (list, below).
And they are such a monstrously powerful delusion, that they commonly absorb up to 100% of entire nations into supporting malicious policies. How? By pleasing as many people as possible for consensus and power.
Quantity of people over quality of ideas is a fatal flaw of democracy-style government. As a tool of power, even dictators appease mass belief systems that are plainly irrational.
Penalties for continuing humanity’s popularity=excellence or adequacy delusion include:
- Increasing, enormous, long-term sovereign debt.
- Thousands of nuclear weapons to be detonated at any moment.
- Massive collective militarization at great expense to basic human needs.
- Increasing population worsening global warming, air, ground, and water pollution.
- The stultifying effects of mass superstition.
- Including discrimination–even violence–against many minorities throughout the world.
Informed dissent is far more valuable than blind allegiance.
“God and country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression & bloodshed.” – Luis Buñuel
“When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.” – C. P. Snow
©Hyper Intellect 2013