Whether different races, women, various sexualities, people who cross imaginary lines (foreigners), those with another view of religion, etc., humanity continues a long history of discrimination.
Even in the presumably most advanced, educated, and civilized nation today, a wildly popular political party continues decades of blocking federal protection for various groups, so supporters can continue discrimination: E.N.D.A.
This is but one modern example of humanity thronging around leaders and groups promoting the destructive discriminatory demagogic division of diversity.
Another: almost all of humanity goes along with or supports the weaponization of politicians and political parties once they control the nations dividing us.
Campaign contributions, elections and their vast but almost unanimously ‘small picture’ media coverage, flag waving and military service patriotism, and the huge annual global military expenditure thieving resources and peace – comprise our universally lauded and applauded global nuclear annihilation political system.
That is a major example of the Friedrich Nietzsche maxim “Insanity in individuals is something rare – but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs, it is the rule.”
Humans embrace the destructively artificial ‘US vs them’, drawing vast resources away from other vital issues facing us:
- Tens of millions of girls without education #LetGirlsLearn
- Climate change.
- Distribution of food and agriculture methods eliminating malnutrition.
- Common social, political, and economic rewards for overpopulation. Which is straining our environment and causing the “Holocene extinction” of tens of thousands of species each year.
- Massive overfishing, irradiation, pollution, litter, and acidification of oceans and rivers.
- Clean energy.
- Near unanimous disdain for unadorned intellect – often hostility. Substituting myriad excuses, excessive blame, emotions, self-absorbed apathy, entertainment, parroting, going along with ever increasing government debt (then blaming others, protesting, or rioting when the bill is due), time consuming lust (dating, mating, marriage, children), the false dichotomy of one nuclear weapons political party over others, and other groups that become large and destructive by appeasing (rather than challenging) our ignorance.
We need leaders that move humanity away from political and military division and rule by democratic ignorance, and toward groups that will manage human and environmental affairs compassionately, scientifically, and holisitcally.
(Most recent edit: 23 December, 2015.)